BTS in Hotel and Restaurant Management
A unique programme
A dense programme, guaranteeing your rapid rise in competence. Our learning through experience will enable you to master the skills and know-how that are essential to sublimate your talents and become the leaders of tomorrow. You will have the ability to discern to act and decide in an international context.
As the BTS is well recognised in the hotel and catering industry and allows direct entry into the workplace, it is not necessarily necessary to continue your studies.
Next school year :
block of competences
Hotel and restaurant service production
Design and implementation of services expected by the customer
Evaluation and analysis of service production
Communication with other departments
Managing sales policy and developing customer relations
Participation in defining commercial policy
Rolling out the sales policy in the service production unit
Developing customer relations
Operational management of service production in the hotel and catering industry
Management of all or part of the department
Managing and leading the team
Managing service production in the hotel and catering industry
Implementation of the company’s general policy in the unit
Measuring the unit’s performance and its contribution to the company’s performance
Entrepreneurship in the hotel and restaurant industry
Formalising an entrepreneurial project in the hotel and catering sector
Assessing the feasibility of a hotel and catering business project
L’ensemble des modalités de validation sont visibles dans le référentiel BTS HCM sur demande.
- Practical teaching: knowledge acquired through alternating courses, lectures, e–learning, teamwork, with an emphasis on autonomy and responsibility.
- High-performance supervision: trainers, lecturers and specialised consultants work as professionals to provide a high level of teaching.
- Applicants must hold a baccalauréat. As a reminder, students who have passed the bac
or a vocational baccalaureate in catering are given priority. It is absolutely
It is possible to enter the BTS with another baccalaureate, provided that you take a refresher course.
- Admission (regardless of the route) is based on a portfolio, written tests and a motivation interview
Candidates for the course must provide proof of their level by means of a diploma or a certificate of
- For foreign diplomas, a certificate from the CIEP will automatically be required for
provide proof of equivalent level.
The Hotel and Restaurant Manager
Sectors of activity : Students with a BTS MHR will be able to work in all sectors and in all types of activity
of activities, whether in large companies, small or medium-sized enterprises or VSEs.
Types of jobs available :
- For Option A: Maître d’hôtel (MH), Premier Maître d’hôtel, Sommelier, Chef barman
- For Option B: Demi-chef de partie, Chef de partie, Second de cuisine
- For Option C: Assistant Gouvernant, Gouvernant d’étages, Community manager, Chef de brigade réception, Assistant chef de réception
- After one or more years of professional experience, holders of the BTS in Hotel and Restaurant Management may be offered positions of responsibility such as :
- For Option A: Assistant Restaurant Manager, Head Sommelier, Assistant Manager, Manager
- For Option B: Head Chef, Production Manager, Assistant Manager, Manager
- For Option C: Hospitality Manager, General Housekeeper, Revenue or Yield Manager, Head of Reception, Accommodation Manager, Deputy Manager, Manager, etc.
Nevertheless, it is not impossible to want to continue your studies. Training courses are available, particularly if you want to specialise further. Here are a few examples:
- Management degree
- Bachelor Marketing
- Bachelor of Management
- Professional qualification in Tourism Establishment Management
Then, after gaining a bac+3, it is possible to specialise in Master’s courses such as :
- Master’s degree in Operational Business Management (MODA)
- Master in Management